Sticky Note Show
A fundraiser for The Carrack
We’re doing it again! We present the second annual “Sticky Note Show”. Sticky works of art will be sold for an affordable price, just $5 each, to benefit The Carrack.
And yes, despite this week’s news, the show must go on!
Exhibit Dates: June 27-30
Thursday June 27, 6-9pm (First dibs!)
Friday June 28, 12-3pm
Saturday June 29, 12-3pm
Sunday June 30, 12-3pm
Calling All Artists
We are seeking miniature art that is presented on a standard size (3” x 3” square) sticky note of any color.
Drop Off From Now Until:
Sunday June 23, 3pm
- All artists are welcome to submit artwork.
- All artwork submitted is a gift to The Carrack for the purpose of fundraising.
- All sticky note works of art will be sold for the same price.
- Artists are encouraged to submit multiple works of art.
- Diptychs, triptychs, etc. are welcome and will be displayed as intended by the artist but will be sold as individual pieces.
- Challenging the medium by adding to a sticky note as a substrate is welcome, as long as it can support its weight when stuck to the wall.
- Works of art will not be labeled, but artists are welcome to include identifying information on the front or back of their work.
- Please keep a few extra sticky notes adhered behind your work in order to preserve the “sticky”.
- Please place your artwork(s) in an envelope along with any special display instructions (i.e. diptych, triptych, etc.)
- Examples can be viewed in the slideshow at the top of this page
The deadline for dropping off artwork is 3pm on Sunday June 23, but we strongly encourage early drop-off.
Drop off your artwork at The Carrack any time during open hours, Friday – Sunday from 12-3pm. Or, drop it in the mailbox by our front door any time. Artwork may also be mailed to The Carrack at 947 East Main Street, Durham, NC 27701.
This exhibit is inspired by the legendary yearly show at Giant Robot 2 in Los Angeles; all of the art has one common characteristic–the medium is a sticky note.
Email email@example.com with questions. RSVP and invite friends to participate on Facebook.