Go Figure is a drawing program that makes figure drawing cheap and accessible to everyone. Whether this is the first time you’ve picked up a pencil or you’re a seasoned artist ready for more opportunity this is a place for people to try new things, grow skills, and most importantly, meet others from our community. Go Figure has a special guest host for this session, the currently exhibiting artist Kate Gordon.
This event will typically happen on the last Thursday of every month (and sometimes Mondays). Arrival starts at 6:30pm. Doors will be locked and drawing will begin at 7pm. There will be a 15-20 minute warm up and then some longer poses (with breaks in between) following. The event ends at 9pm but if you’re interested in feedback, please stay for a few minutes to have an informal critique with Nick.
Tickets are $5 each. Purchase a ticket now.
Rules for patrons of “Go Figure”
- Mature audiences only. Must be 18 or over.
- Absolutely no photography of the model or the space while event is going on.
- This is a safe space. Please be respectful to other artists, host, and model. If your presence, actions, or remarks are found to be disrespectful by other artists, the host, or the model you will be asked to leave without a refund. Future invitations will be reconsidered by the host and model. Examples include but are not limited to:
- Please use correct pronoun preferences. If you are unsure ask.
- No romantic advances.
- No aggressive actions or remarks.
- You are welcome to bring whatever drawing supplies you are currently finding inspiration in. But please nothing that will make a mess. AKA anything that splashes, squirts, or squishes is prohibited. We are occupying a gallery space with other people’s work on the walls. If a work gets defaced you are responsible for compensating the artist.
- If you are late (after 7pm) please knock and wait until the next break for us to open the door. It is highly recommended that you show up before 7pm.
Guidelines and tips
- Please bring your own supplies. As long as you something to draw with and something to draw on you’ll be good.
- (Recommended) If you have an easel that is easily transportable please bring it. Unfortunately, the only drawing space we can provide are tables and chairs.
- If you are interested in advancing your drawing skills I have had the most growth through Nicolaides “The Natural Way to Draw.” This methodology is how the class will be structured. It by no means is required but recommended for those interested in pursuing drawing.
Please email host Nick Dahlstrom with questions.
Purchase a ticket.