Body-Focused Sculpture & Meditation
A creative, meditative, participatory workshop for everyone.
Saturdays, July 29, August 5, 12, & 19 2017
8:45 am – 11 am
The Carrack Modern Art (947 E Main St, Durham, NC 27701)
Each session is $27 (includes material costs)
Sign up for two for $45 or three for $70.
Dress comfortably & bring a pillow, blanket, and/or yoga mat.
• learn sculpture techniques using common, household materials
• gain meditation tools for connecting with your emotions and beliefs
• create ephemeral and abstract sculptures (accessible for every skill level)
• participate in group and guided meditations
• interact with sculptures that utilize your body’s sensations
Meg Stein is a sculptor from Durham, NC. She studies Inner-Relationship Focusing, a body-focused meditative practice that enhances connection with emotion and interiority.* Meg received her MFA in Studio Art from UNC-CH. More info at megstein.com/workshops.
*The Inner-Relationship Focusing techniques and ideas used in this workshop are pulled from the work of Ann Weiser Cornell. Meg currently studies Focusing with Mary Love May, a Mindfulness Meditation teacher and Inner-Relationship Focusing guide.